Monday, September 24, 2012

18th Century Vanity Bench Purchase

Hey everyone, recently I purchased myself a piece of furniture I think is worthy of sharing. Its an 18th century queen anne bench I got from a woman off of kijiji.. Have I mentioned yet that I'm obsessed with searching for rare and beautiful things on kijiji.. especially antiques that I will be able to incorporate into the modern interior of my condo. I love the look of mixing the old with the new to give an eclectic feel to a space. I think I want to get this bench re-upholstered in a crushed grey velvet and add tufting to give it a more elegant feel. It has beautiful cast iron legs and is stuffed with either some kind of cotton material or horse hair.. It's always really interesting to get an old piece of furniture and find out its history :)



I feel in love with its ornate queen anne legs! 

This is kind of what I want to do to it, but in crushed grey fabric.


My Inspiration came from a video I saw on House and Home TV. In the video they have two beautiful ornate 18th century ottomans under a very modern simple parsons style table. When I saw this video I had to have my own bench that I could duplicate this look with!  Ill share the link to the video so you can view the beautiful home. 






No comments:

Post a Comment